Cheltenham is a great place to visit and stay at all times of the year, but it's even more special on the run-up to Christmas. Here’s our rundown of the top things to do in Cheltenham over the Festive period.
1) Christmas Market - Cheltenham Christmas market is back and bigger than ever! Dates for the market which will be located along the Promenade, through to Imperial gardens have been announced. The event will run from Saturday 20th November until Sunday 19th December offering plenty of opportunities to shop for unique gifts, treats, and decorations.
There will also be a great selection of food and drink to enjoy, including many local vendors offering delights including giant bratwurst, fudge, cheeses, chutneys, and much more! It’s a free event so why not book a trip to Cheltenham to shop, eat and enjoy the regency charm that Cheltenham has to offer.
2) Christmas Lights - On the same evening as the launch of the Christmas Market, Cheltenham Christmas lights will be switched on. From 2- 7 PM a Christmas Extravaganza takes over the town with appearances from magical creatures such as the Snow Queen and roller-skating unicorns before the all-important switch on illuminating the Town.
3) Ice Skating - Continuing the winter fun, why not book a session at Cheltenham Ice Skating Rink. Located in Imperial Gardens, the rink will be covered making it a great family fun event for all-weather. The rink is open from 18th November - 2nd January.
Book tickets here.
4) Late-night shopping - Many shops have extended their opening hours throughout December. Enjoy an evening stroll around the shops whilst sipping a hot chocolate and embracing the festivities where, on several weekends, there will be carol singing, a bass trio, and a magician creating a fun, festive spirit throughout the town centre.
5) Panto - To round up our list of Festive Fun in Cheltenham, a personal favourite – the panto! Every year the Everyman Theatre puts on an incredibly fun Pantomime experience. This year, from 26th November – 9th January, viewers have over 70 opportunities to catch 'Jack & The Beanstalk'. As ever, there will be impressive outfits, sensational singing, naughty jokes, and lots of family fun – a must if you’re in Cheltenham over the Festive period.